Turkish Get Up
Difficulty Level: Intermediate to Advanced (in this case Highly Advanced)
Muscle Groups: Total Body
Equipment: Kettlebell (KB) in this case a 50kg Dumbell
- Neuro-motor development
- Dynamic hip, trunk and shoulder stability
- Strength, coordination, focus, dynamic flexibility and balance
- Begin from a supine position, maintain the KB arm perpendicular throughout movement.
- Sitting upright, tuck contralateral leg in while stepping over with the ipsilateral leg.
- Lunge through to a standing position with the KB overhead.
- Descend to start position following same path.
Use second arm whenever necessary for stability.